Weekly Dose of Joey (6/6/12)

The lights have just been turned off, the blankets pulled up, and my head positioned perfectly on the pillow. All the conditions are perfect for sleep. My eyes close with a heaviness. And then I hear it, a scratching noise that alerts my mind to something unusual happening. Then I remember, it’s just Joey, and my eyes close again.

That scratching noise is the first of many that will follow, each more vigorous than the last. Joey is in the litter box, and because the apartment is so small, every scratch is echoed into the bedroom. I should be frustrated with his incessant digging that seems to come only when I first settle into bed for the night, but strangely, I’m not. I welcome the familiar, if not oddly comforting sound. It lets me know that Joey is engaged in his nightly routine, just as I am. We are all ready for a peaceful night of rest and relaxation. All is right with the world.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: