Knitting News Tuesday

"Make time for yarn everyday" is the sign off on each episode of Knitting Daily. So far this summer, I have taken it to heart. Who am I trying to impress? I have taken this slogan to the extreme for quite a while now. This week, I still have not started that second sock, but not because I'm unmotivated to do it. I'd rather put my full effort into two other projects. One, a shawl knit in three pieces and then grafted together, is near completion. The other, a floppy beach hat that I would like to wear this weekend on a day trip to the beach. I am too lazy and broke to go to the eye doctor and get a new set of contacts, therefore, I cannot wear sunglasses at the beach and need something to shade my eyes. This was a spontaneous project that sprung up, but because it's a hat, I don't expect it to take long. It is mostly garter stitch in the round, which I knit at top speed. The shawl that I have been working on is epic. The pattern instructions for joining all three pieces was challenging to figure out, thank goodness for Ravelry! Now that they have been joined, I am on the edging, which consists of 80 plus repeats of a 10 row sequence that not only adds a lacy edge, but binds off the stitches on the body of the shawl. The end is near for this project and to prepare for the final phase, blocking, I had to order more pins from Knitpicks. Granted, I could have gone to Joann's and bought T-pins from the quilting section, but then I wouldn't have been able to scoop up some clearance Knitpicks yarn at the same time. Hopefully by the time my order of 100 flower-tipped pins arrive, this epic shawl will be complete. For my fellow knitters, and perhaps, shawl lovers, I am knitting "In the Pink" by Izzieknits.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

1 comments:

g-girl said...

when you said that the shawl you were working on was epic, I had to go to rav and check it out. I couldn't even wait until I read the post all the way through!! lol. It looks amazing and definitely beyond epic proportions. So what is your next shawl??