Dealing


As a teenager, listening to music searching for lyrics that I could relate to and then copying them down in my journal and reflecting on them, was my way of dealing with teen angst. As an adult with a different kind of 'angst', music doesn't play as big of a role in my life as it did in high school.
I don't write in my journal as often, and when I do, the topics are considerably different. But I am still firmly convinced that no matter where in the world I will ever go, I will feel lost if I don't have my journal. Music would help, but not having my journal would put a damper on everything. Even if I don't write in it for the whole trip, just having it there with me, knowing that I can write at any time, would make me feel secure.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: