Just like my mother

Don't we all, at one point in our lives, say that we are NOT going to be like our mother or father? I've never really said that, well, yes I have, but more importantly, I never thought I would turn out like my mother in the following way. When I was a kid, my dad and I were huge movie buffs. My mom wasn't a fan so much. My dad and I were always trying to get her to watch a movie with us without reading, or crocheting, or doing something during the movie. She wouldn't ever just sit and watch the movie. I could never figure out why. Now, years later, I'm the exact same way. I'm not a fan of going to the movie theater anymore because I would feel funny taking my knitting in with me. I've never actually done that, but just the fact alone that I would get some funny looks, has deterred me from trying it. My fiance and I are big fans of getting movies from the OnDemand channel at home, or buying new dvds that we haven't seen and hoping that it turns out to be a good one. Though I still enjoy watching movies, if we're doing it at home, I have to be doing something. I generally don't read like my mo did during movies, but knitting and crocheting is a big part of my movie watching experience. Sometimes if it's a really good movie, I don't get much done because my eyes are glued to the t.v. screen. Maybe it's a result of me getting older. Maybe it's a result of the fact that I'm crazy obsessed with knitting right now and can't pass up an opportunity to knit while I'm sitting on the couch for a movie anyway. Whatever the reason, I can't ignore the fact that I have found the very first thing that I am doing as an adult that my parents did when I was a kid. I can only imagine what else I'm going to discover as I continue to age.

Look! Look! Look right here! My obsessive knitting has produced half of a skirt! I'm so excited about this project. When I'm finished, there will be 6 rows and it will be ankle length.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: