Another Saturday at home

Here it is, another Saturday, and I'm at home preparing to do the same three things I do every weekend: clean the apartment, do school work, knit.

The apartment always needs cleaning, despite the fact that there are only two people living here. Our landlord did not feel the need for us to have dishwashers in our apartments, so dishes pile up quickly and have to be washed by hand. What joy!

School work isn't so bad, considering teaching is what I have waited my whole life to do. I knew from a very early age that I wanted to be a teacher. So I don't really dislike doing school work, I just wish it didn't take up so much of my time. I'm in my fifth year of teaching and have lesson plans, and paper grading down to a science, but with a large class this year, the paper grading goes on forever.

I love knitting but since school started back this fall, I haven't had time to do it as much. I am currently working on a short-sleeve cardigan sweater, and a skirt. I am SO super excited about the skirt. It's an ankle-length skirt made up of 6 rows of hexagons. Each row has 7 multi-colored hexagons. They get larger as the rows go from the waist down. It's very labor-intensive and full of tiny stitches on size 3 needles, but I'm on my third row and because there's a lot of repetition in making the hexagons, I don't have to worry over figuring out the pattern. Hopefully it will be ready for a debut by the time the weather gets cooler, which won't be for a while since I'm in North Carolina and the weather doesn't ever get as cold as I would prefer.

Future hubby wants to take a day trip to the beach tomorrow, but I have serious issues with going on a Sunday. I hate not having a day to recoup before going back to work after a trip like that, even if it is just for a day. It's late in the beach season, which, hasn't stopped us before, but I really like being at home. I know he doesn't like it. He's the type to want to get away as much as possible. I like being at home. I hope that doesn't progress to me being a shut-in one day when I'm old and grey. Maybe I'm just lazy and enjoy being at home and the possibility of taking naps. Oh well.

I'm off to wash dishes while watching a great movie/musical, Hairspray. I couldn't get enough of this moive when it came out a couple of summers ago. I've decided that I have to clean first because I don't like the idea of sitting down and doing school work in a dirty place. Is that weird?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

1 comments:

Carrie Frye martinez said...

To comment on you being "weird" I am the way so I must be "weird" too. I can't do anything with out the house being clean first, i also think your blog is interesting...