Math cheer

Elapsed time is a math concept that I expected would fly over the top of my third graders' heads. After a particularly long lesson yesterday in a desperate attempt for the students to learn the skill, I figured that today's review activity would be tedious. The activity was a simple worksheet, but they got to do each problem with a partner. I had a copy of the worksheet on the overhead projector. I assigned a problem from the paper, gave them time to solve it with their partner, then we went over the answer on the overhead. Perhaps it was the enthusiasm in my voice when I called on students, or perhaps they secretly like math, in any case, they started to cheer when they got the right answer! They all begged to be the person to give an answer to the next problem! Even better, they were giving the right answers! Whew! Another job well done in my quest to get my third graders to master telling time.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: