New Year's Resolutions: Let's Get Real Here

Is it a silly idea to make a few resolutions for 2010? I can only think of 2 New Year's resolutions in my life that I ever kept. One was a foolish decision that changed my teenage years into the true definition of teen angst; and the other was the year that I vowed to quit smoking and succeeded.

I suppose I could resolve to make this a year of weight loss, but honestly, just the thought of losing weight makes me feel tired and lazy. Though I am quickly spiralling to the point where I am just not willing to take being heavy anymore. There will come a time when I'm 100% ready to committing myself to weight loss. Now is not that time though.

So what do I resolve for 2010?

#1: Finish the hexagon skirt, sweater, and hat/scarf combo that I'm knitting.

(These projects have been 'in progress' for quite a while.)

#2: Read all of the books I have bought before buying any more.

(Though I love to read, I find that knitting is my hobby of choice in my free time. I only read when I'm in bed and about to fall asleep. As you can imagine, not much reading gets done. Unless it's a book that I can't put down.)

Here is a list of the books that I own, that I am planning to read for the first time this year:

1-The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
(Currently reading this right now).
2-Dedication by Emma McLaughin and Nicola Kraus
3-More Than it Hurts You by Darin Strauss
4-Girls of Riyadh by Rajaa Alsanea
5-Dear Zoe by Philip Beard
6-Alt Ed by Catherine Atkins
7- The Abstinence Teacher by Tom Perrotta
8-If I Only Knew Then by Charles Grodin and friends
9-Slam by Nick Hornby
10-Our Lady of the Forest by David Guterson
11-Between, Georgia by Joshilyn Jackson
12-The Friendship Test by Elizabeth Noble
13-Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld
14-Escape by Carolyn Jessop
15-Wicked by Gregory Maguire
16-My Life as a Furry Red Monster by Kevin Clash
17-The Bachelorette Party by Karen McCullah Lutz
18-1984 by George Orwell

I think I'll stick with those two resolutions, since there is a lot of 'work' entailed with each one. Wish me luck!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: